Ottawa, ON K2K 2A4
Marketing, Communications, and Business Development Professional with 9+ years of experience working with both private and public sector clients. Seeking a creative position in a marketing, communications, graphic design, and/or business development role.
Summary of Qualifications
- Marketing & Communication Strategy
- Business Development Strategy
- Graphic Design and Illustration
- Digital Photography & Manipulation
- Social Media Campaigns & Trade Shows
- Research & Creative Writing
- Project & Client Management
- Public Sector Procurement
- Organization & Multitasking
- Detail Oriented & Deadline Driven
Thermal Energy International Inc.
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
May 2017 – Present
Supporting senior management, marketing sales, and engineering teams. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, designing, creating, implementing and supporting sales/marketing activities e.g. new product launches, sales promotions, trade shows, websites, social media campaigns, advertising
- Identifying and qualifying promotional opportunities and sales leads
- Contributing to the development of funding proposals
- Coordinating and conducting market research and analysis
- Developing presentations, videos, animations, graphics, and other creative visual materials
- Working with sales team to update company messaging on website and social media profiles
- Tracking and reporting on marketing and sales
- Administering website updates and company online shared files
- Maintaining promotional materials inventory
- Administering pricing databases
Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN), OTTAWA, ON
Special Projects Officer
September 2016 – May 2017 (9 months)
Project coordination in support of CASN Special projects including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of the development of specialty competencies, position statements, educational programs and tools, often with volunteer-based committees.
- Providing administrative support including the preparation of correspondence and meeting packages, meeting/event planning and logistics, preparation of surveys.
- Contributing to the development of funding proposals.
- Conducting research as required by project work or to support proposal development.
- Proactive follow-up on action lists with special projects team/committee members to ensure that action items are addressed.
- Supporting communications by ensuring current and up-to-date information for staff, committee members and external stakeholders using various methods (email, website posting, CASN newsletter, etc.).
- Coordinating the preparation of documents for publication (revision, editing, documentation of consensus process).
- Coordinating translation and publication of project documents.
- Identifying promotional opportunities to raise awareness of CASN projects.
- Assisting in the process of tracking and compiling project data for results monitoring.
- Assisting in the timely submission of written and financial project reports.
RFP Solutions Inc, OTTAWA, ON
Manager, Communications & Business Development
September 2007 – September 2016 (9 years)
- Marketing and Communications Management of 100+ public sector client organizations across Canada for RFP Solutions Inc. and its Aboriginal joint-venture firm, Setaside Solutions.
- Business development and management of promotional campaigns. Responsibilities include: Creative marketing, print and online copywriting and content development; Drafting artwork and creating mock-ups; Estimating associated effort and costs; Web marketing; PPC campaigns; and SEO for 3 websites; Website UX/UI/IT management (35+ pages, 5+ tools); Graphic design & illustration; Online and email marketing campaign management (quarterly to 3000+ contacts); Trade show / event marketing (2-4/year in the NCR and across Canada), booth and collateral design, development, operation / exhibiting, and client presentation; and overall promotional product management.
- Proposal Development including proposal strategies, technical and financial responses to complex competitive and non-competitive requirements. Produced/managed 1000+ proposals, (i.e. analysis, strategies, submissions, delivery, reporting, debriefing, etc.) resulting in $1M+/year in revenue. Information Management including Contract and Account Management for hundreds of public sector client projects, representing over $5 Billion in procured goods and services.
- Client Relations including design, development, and operation of custom build Marketing /CRM/PM/Proposal database tools, Requirements Definition, and Project Management support to Procurement Specialists, Research Analysts and Senior Advisors.
New Brunswick Craft and Design College (NBCCD), Fredericton NB
Creative Graphics Diploma (honours), 2003-2006
University of New Brunswick (UNB), Fredericton NB
Bachelor of Applied (Fine) Arts Degree, 2001-2005
SalesForce®, Ottawa ON
Business Development Training, 2010
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite on Macintosh and Windows systems
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French
- Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
Additional Work Experience
Independent Creative Designer
January 2000 – Present (15+ years)
- Provides creative development services to hundreds of clients across Canada. Projects have included: marketing strategies, content for advertising, graphic design, artwork, illustrations, promotional materials, website designs, photography, videography, and animation.
ASAP PM (Print Management), Ottawa ON
Graphic Designer / Pre-Press Operator
July 2007 – September 2007
- Design and layout of client text, graphics, and materials in preparation for digital and offset printing.
- Book binding and finishing. Formatting and publishing. Shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for development and management of online and email and marketing campaigns.
Fisheries in Oceans Canada – Hydrographics Office, Ottawa ON
Graphic Designer (Contract)
February 2007 – June 2007
- Layout of text and graphics of updated previous editions of Mariner Sailing Directions publications using InDesign. Finalizing the layout, formatting and pre-publishing.
Caring Hands Publishing, Ottawa ON
Graphic Designer (Contract)
November 2006 – February 2007
- Design, layout of advertising content and pre-publishing of commercial magazines (Cheo, MADD, Caring Hands, ONS, Helping the Hungry, Auto Hunter, Bargain Hunter, etc.) for various companies throughout the NCR and GTA.
Wyndham Worldwide Canada Inc, Saint John, NB
Graphic Designer/e-Learning Content Developer (Contract)
March 2006 – October 2006
- Design and development of e-Learning internal and external graphics and creative media, including: corporate logos, promotional videos, (2D & 3D) animations, posters, and collateral.
- Storyboarding and presentation of concepts to senior management for approval.
- Design and supervision of the development of interactive training e-Learning modules.
Canadart.ca, OTTAWA, ON
Graphic Designer (Contract)
June 2005 – September 2005
- Design and development of commercial and promotion tools, including: graphics, photos, and illustrations for catalogues, posters, advertisements, and other documents.
- Worked collaboratively with the Marketing and Web-Development teams to supported operations for various departments, committees, events and projects.
Heart and Stroke Foundation, OTTAWA, ON
Fundraiser Volunteer at annual CIPMM National Workshops, 2012-2015
Oromocto Leisure Services, OROMOCTO, NB
Youth Soccer & Softball Coach, 2006 – 2009
Oromocto Basketball Club, OROMOCTO, NB
Youth Basketball Coach, 1998 – 1999
- Publisher: AuthorHouse; 1st edition (May 2, 2014)
- ISBN-10: 1496911334
- ISBN-13: 978-1496911339
- Strong critical analysis and logical reasoning.
- Excellent copy writing skills.
- Effective networking and meet-and-greet skills.
- Strong project and client relationship management skill set and approach.
- Applied skills in the development and refinement of tools and systems needed to effectively enhance project, client, methodologies, content, and proposal management functions.
- Applied knowledge of public sector acquisition vehicles, standing offers, supply arrangements, tendering sites, and proposal techniques.
- Knowledge of Canadian public sector procurement, contracting, and policy from numerous jurisdictions (federal, provincial/territorial and MASH) including Government of Canada, Ontario Management Board of Cabinet Procurement Directive (OPS Directive), Broader Public Sector (BPS) Directive (Ontario), in addition to Alberta, Nova Scotia, and Yukon Government.
- Applied knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Management, and Email Marketing.
- Applied knowledge of social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Procurement and Comprehensive Land Claims Agreements in the context of public sector procurement and contracting.
- Compilation of bibliographic and reference information from research.
- Assembly and presentation of briefing notes, reports, and research on key issues.
- Preparation of presentation materials, agendas, work plans, and handouts.
- Macintosh computers, MacBooks, iPhones, iPads.
- IBM Compatible PCs running Microsoft Windows 95, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7/8.
- Adobe CS6: In Design, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Acrobat.
- Quark; CorelDraw; iMovie; Final Cut Pro.
- Automated Marketing/CRM/PM/Proposal Tools: Constant Contact, HootSuite, Pardot, etc.
- HTML; CSS; Word Press; Joomla.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Corel WordPerfect.
- Internet; FTP.
Updated June 2017